My name is Vladimir (Vova) Zaytsev.
I’m a software developer at UBER. I currently reside in San Francisco, California. My research and study background is in natural language processing and machine learning fields. I specialize in large-scale machine learning and data processing approaches for real-world situations.
Sometimes I make short films.
I got my MS degree in Computer Science from University of Southern California. There and at ISI, I have completed several research projects working with Jerry Hobbs, Katya Ovchinnikova, Yu-Han Chang, Rajiv Maheswaran and Kevin Knight.
Here is my brief background in chronological order:
- 2016-.. Software Developer at UBER. Real time data and processing.
- 2014-2016 Software Developer at A9.com (Amazon company). Large scale data processing and machine learning.
- 2014-2015. Side Project – Mediator: Computational Analysis of Mass Media.
- 2012-2014. Research engineer in Natural Languages Group at ISI. Language understanding (metaphor interpretation for cultural schemas ) and neural machine translation.
- 2013. Summer intern at A9.com. Spelling and search suggestions.
- 2012-2013. Research engineer at Computational Behavior Group at ISI. Local events detection in Twitter (paper).
- 2012-2014. University of Southern California: Master’s Degree.
- 2012. Side Project – Algorithms for solving vehicle routing problems with time windows (code).
More information about my experience could be found in my CV.